The symposium program will cover all aspects of health related water microbiology in the whole water cycle, applied and basic research on water and microorganisms as it impacts human health.
Main topics include among others research on pathogenic bacteria, parasites and viruses, microbial indicators, modelling associated risk and microbial source tracking tools, as well as water treatment and disinfection, water reuse, recreational water, water management in disaster situations and extreme events, antimicrobial resistance, as well as water quality and infection control in health care facilities. Contributions related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) are particularly welcome.
Topics on which Abstracts can be submitted:
- Water transmittable pathogens
- Survival, persistence, transport, fate and occurrence
- Epidemiology of water associated diseases
- Catchment protection
- Microbial fecal pollution diagnostics and source tracking
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Water treatment and disinfection
- Modelling and prediction
- QMRA, decision analysis, water safety plans and surveillance
- Criteria, standards, surveillance and monitoring
- Metagenome, microbiome and community analysis
- Recreational water and health
- Water reuse and health concerns
- Water, food and health
- Tools and measures supporting water and sanitation in developing countries
- Water management in disaster situations and extreme events
- Water quality and infection control in health care facilities
All abstracts will be reviewed and summarized in an abstract booklet (with ISBN number). After the symposium, board members will recommend authors of excellent studies to submit a full paper to WST or JWH. In the submission a recommendation letter from HRWM board members will be included.
Abstract submission open till 22.04.2019
Young Water Professionals and Scientists up to the age of 35
The IWA Young Water Professionals and scientists up to the age of 35* are an active part in the symposium organization and program and are especially encouraged to submit abstracts. The three best abstracts authored by an YWP will be awarded with free registration fee.
Submit your abstract on-line and send your application letter and CV via email to YWP@hrwm.eu
*born 1984 and under
Scholarships for authors of best abstract from developing countries
Five scholarships for authors of best abstract from developing countries will be funded by our SG HRWM. The bursary includes free registration fee and a financial support of EUR 1,500.
Submit your abstract on-line and send your application letter and CV via email to email@example.com